Saturday, February 25, 2006

WEEKLY SUMMARY OF MY 7th WEEK EATING RAW FOODS

NUTRIENTS

Calories.......................1026 to 1460
Fat...............................30 g to 69g
Carbs...........................100g to 222g
Protein.........................29g to 44g

I noticed that with the switch to points, my fat and carb intake went up over the week while my protein intake went down. My calorie intake went up, but less steeply. These seem to reflect the fact that I was trying to increase my daily points with higher-calorie foods so that I wouldn't have to eat a greater volume of food, and that the higher calorie foods tended to be higher in fat and carbs (avocados and dates, for example). My protein intake is lower than sparkpeople.com recommends for me, but as we all know, there is some disagreement about how much protein the body really needs.

Anyway, this week I exercised for the first time and am not the worse for wear. I thought I'd be in a lot of pain, but I didn't really exert myself that much- I just used muscles that have started to atrophy. I hope to be able to create a regular workout schedule, between going to class, studying, work and family. I lost 4 lbs this week, which is great. I should be out of the 300s in a couple of weeks!!! That'll really make me feel that I am on my way to lasting health.

Truth to tell, I find that I am really more interested in getting this weight off right now than anything else. I feel I have the luxury of not having to concentrate so much on my nutrients right now because eating raw and taking my vitamins feels so good and healthy to me (except for that pesky fiber problem!!) I don't have cravings and don't binge anymore, so I don't worry anymore about eating junk or eating too much. I really believe that a visit to the doctor will confirm that I am healthier compared to last winter. I think that I'll concentrate more on the weight loss, eating what I'm eating now and adding exercise. Later in the year - like winter time, when I'm much lighter and therefore more mobile, flexible and able, I'll put more energy into the actual variety of foods I eat. A real nutritional emphasis rather than a weight loss emphasis.


STARTED WEEK AT: 309
WEIGHT LOSS 4 lbs
ENDED WEEK AT: 305
TOTAL POUNDS LOST SINCE JANUARY 1ST 2006: 36 lbs.


COMPARISONS
Compare to week 1
Compare to last week
Compare to week 2
Compare to week 3
Compare to week 4
Compre to week 5

0 comments:

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount