Sunday, February 19, 2006

Weekly Summary for Week 6 of Raw Foods

This week was a strange one, gaining and losing a couple of pounds there in the middle and ending up the same as last week. But it's only strange when comparing it to my previous weeks on Raw- not in comparison to my history of weight loss. Indeed, the previous few weeks on Raw have been the strangest weeks of my life! In the past when I've lost weight I've lost the largest amount on the first week, and then I gradually settle down to about 2 lbs a week. Losing 10 or 12 lbs in a month was a good thing! So losing 32 lbs in less than 2 months on Raw is extraordinary for me.

Why didn't I lose anything this week? Whenever this happens to dieters there are scores of reasons given: "you didn't drink enough water", "your body is adjusting", "you ate too much fat" "you didn't eat enough" "you ate too much." Well, it's too soon to look back and see what might have been the cause, if one is ever able to be discerned. I'm not going to make adjustments to my diet based on one week of not losing anything. First of all, 32 lbs!!!! Second of all, weight is not the only indicator of improving health; my headaches have disappeared, today I can zip up a pair of pants that I could barely get around me on January 1st, and I haven't had that pain on the sides of my tongue since last year. Good health encompasses all body parts (and your mental health, too!)

SUMMARY
This week was a bust as far as weight loss. It was good as far as the increased variety I've introduced into my menu, and my ability to stay raw despite barbecues and all sorts of treats in the house. I have proven that these days, old temptations tempt me no longer. I haven't done a single thing that I regret so far. Yaaay!!

NUTRIENTS FOR THE WEEK

Calories.......................
1186 to 1450
Fat...............................19 g to 49
Carbs...........................
132g to 270g
Protein.........................
17g to 43g


WEIGHT LOSS 0 lbs
STARTED WEEK AT: 309
ENDED WEEK AT: 309
TOTAL POUNDS LOST SINCE JANUARY 1ST 2006: 32 lbs.


PROGRESS CHECK

Compare to week 1
Compare to last week
Compare to week 2
Compare to week 3
Compare to week 4

0 comments:

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount