Thursday, February 16, 2006

February 16th, 2006: Non-Raw Temptations Surround Me


Temptation surrounds me everyday while guests are visiting. Today there were leftovers from P.F. Chang's in the house, and in the car I was surrounded by the aromas of Taco Bell. Those aromas are heavenly to me still. Maybe even more so now. I'm not one of those raw foodists or vegetarians who can't stand the smell or sight (or thought) of meat. I wanted to stay in the car until the smells faded away! But I'm very happy to report that the aromas were sufficient for me. I really did not feel the urge to sneak anything out of anyone's bag.

I'm not going to pretend, however, that I don't love fast foods. And chocolate. And barbecued ribs... To be dishonest would be dangerous, because it could lead me, in a moment of weakness, to convince myself that I can afford just one sip of Pepsi or one small burger since I don't really like that stuff anymore. However, one slip-up this early in the game would be the beginning of a ride down a slippery slope I don't want to start on. In the past I often would quit a diet when stress overtook me. Right now I'm under a lot of stress from the demands of my classes, so it's even more important for me to stay raw and healthy and to maintain my point of view that raw is a lifestyle for me, not a short-term diet that I'll quit when I lose 200 lbs.

I want to note, however, that I'm not thinking I'd be a "bad person" if I slipped; I just don't want to indulge in something that has proven to be an addiction for me - as well as exceedingly unhealthy. I'm grateful that I do not feel a single temptation, and can only hope and pray that this feeling continues. Forever!
__
(OK, yes- I'm a leeeetle compulsive and I hopped on the scale this morning. Those extra two pounds are gone. The science experiment continues.)
__

TODAY'S MEALS


BREAKFAST (Fruit salad, Orange juice)
Banana, fresh, 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long)
Mangos, 1 fruit without refuse
Medjool dates, 1 date, pitted
Orange Juice, 2 cup
Blueberries, fresh, 10 berries
One 'n' Only Pure Essense Labs Superior Tonic Multiple Vitamin, 1 serving
Nature Made Calcium Citrate, 1 serving

LUNCH
None

DINNER (Sushi)
Yams, 2 cup, cubes
Carrots, raw, 0.5 cup, grated
Scallions, raw, 1 small (3" long)
Avocados, California (Haas), 100 grams
Nori, 2.5g sheet, untoasted, 2 serving

SNACK
Banana, fresh, 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long)

CALORIES 1,253 CARBS 270 FAT 20 PROTEIN 18

0 comments:

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount