Saturday, February 04, 2006

February 4th 2006 - Deliciously Raw




This morning I had a lot of fun making smoothies as you can see in my photo of the servings above. I actually made three flavors of smoothie; each batch had some banana, mango, organge juice and cold water, but each batch had a different type of berry: strawberries, raspberries or blackberries. After I made the three batches I layered them by pouring them in succession into our glasses. I tipped the glasses a little while pouring so that I could create something less boring than strictly horizontal stripes. I garnished the glasses with mint leaves and voilá- the entire family has attractive-looking fresh smoothies with breakfast! Although I'm the only raw person in the family, it felt good to know that we all shared something healthy. And they were deeeeelish!!!

My girlfriend is really interested in my success. She brought me some raw honey, and agave nectar today. After reading the honey jar I wasn't quite sure I wanted to try it- eating the "crunchy propolis" didn't sound very appetizing! The honey itself tasted great, though. I think I'll try the crunchy part another time. The honey has a little bit more of an intense taste than regular honey, and has a more solid consistency that melts quickly on a spoon that has been placed in warm water. Next, I tasted the agave nectar and let me tell you, that stuff is sweet!! Much sweeter than sugar, that's for sure. I'm not sure when I'll use it because my smoothies are sweet enough just with fruit. I'm sure I'll think of some use for both sweeteners, though.

Here are today's meals. I may update it later with a snack, though.



BREAKFAST (Smoothie)
Banana, fresh, 1 large
Mangos, 0.75 fruit without refuse
Raspberries, 0.5 cup
Strawberries, frozen, unsweetened, 4
One 'n' Only Pure Essense Labs Superior Tonic Multiple Vitamin, 1
Nature Made Calcium Citrate, 1
Blackberries, frozen .33 cup

LUNCH (Sandwich)
Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Grain Bread, 2 serving
Hummus, 0.25 cup
Avocados, California (Haas), 56 grams

DINNER (Salad)
Spinach, fresh, 3 cup
Sweet Corn, Fresh, 1/2 ear
Lime Juice, 1 fl oz
Blue Cheese, 1 oz
Garlic, 1 clove
Pecans, 1 oz
Scallions, raw, 1

SNACKS
Banana,1/2
Medjool dates, 3 date, pitted

CALORIES 1,286 CARBS 210 FAT 47 PROTEIN 22

0 comments:

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount