Friday, February 24, 2006

My First Day of Exercise

I figured I'd go out and exercise - at 1:30 a.m.! It's a convenient time for a night owl like me, and gave me a nice break from studying. I thought I'd better start off as slowly as possible, so I planned to limit myself to a mile on the indoor track. I lost count of how many laps I did, but I probably did a tad more than a half mile, and then even my iPod couldn't keep me interested.

I moved to the treadmill so that I could get a better idea of my starting level. It took me 21 minutes to complete a mile (that's just a tad slower than a dead turtle, in case you were wondering).What a shame! And worse, I'll probably be in pain tomorrow from this piddly little excuse for a workout- I can already tell that my back, my neck and my knees will be sore. (My neck??)

Sigh... one day when I'm back to doing 45 minutes on the elliptical trainer I'll have this journal entry to look back on and I'll be proud of my accomplishments. We all have to start somewhere, don't we?

Well, I'm good and sleepy now! Good night, all.

-Allison

0 comments:

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount