Monday, February 27, 2006

February 27- Another Day Raw

(Photo: flax seeds)

Those of you who are VERY overweight might relate to the fact that when I was younger, I used to pray for God to take away my appetite. Please God, make me hate food! But alas, I only grew to love it more. The thought came to me today that perhaps my prayers have been answered, in a way. I don't hate food, but that out-of-control appetite is most definitely gone. I truly do not think of food all the time- only when I'm hungry or when I've got a break in my busy schedule and know I should eat something.

When I was little (under age 10) my parents took me to the doctor because I was so skinny. I was a very active child without much of an appetite, and I was a picky eater. The doctor said nothing was wrong with me. I don't actually remember that doctor visit, nor did I know of their concerns-thank goodness(my mom told me years later). Now I'm wondering if that low appetite is just part of how I function, something I would never have been aware of due to all of my food addictions, which I always blamed on an abnormally huge appetite. My appetite has been low since I stopped eating processed junk foods - that's one of the reasons I don't eat much more than 1200 calories on a daily basis, even though I really try to sometimes. Usually when I try to (like tonight) I end up eating too much (volume-wise) and feeling unwell.

TODAY'S FOODS

BREAKFAST
Dates
Grapes
Banana
10 points

LUNCH
salad
6 points

DINNER (Go Raw Cafe)
Mexicali Pizza
Carob pie
20 points (a guess, but that food is full of fat! I could be underestimating.)

SNACKS
none

TOTAL POINTS: 36

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog! It is totally inspirational to me! I fell off of the raw wagon during the holidays and am struggling to get back on and lose the 15 lbs I've gained. I especially relate to your posts about emotional eating and food addiction.

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount