Sunday, February 12, 2006

February 12, 2006 WEEK 5: It's the Weekly Raw Weigh-In Show!

This week my calories never dipped below 1200. My fat intake was higher than I'd planned, but it doesn't seem to matter as far as weight loss goes. I can't tell you what it means to my arteries to eat 62 grams of plant fat, but raw foodists will tell you that it isn't the least bit harmful. I haven't made that doctor's appointment yet, but it's on my agenda to get all my levels checked. I'll report my cholesterol and blood pressure, etc. as soon as I get 'em.

Here is the weekly summary with the weight loss reported below.

NUTRIENTS

Calories.......................
1207 to 1321
Fat...............................
31 g to 62g
Carbs...........................
145g to 205g
Protein.........................
23g to 50g

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Iron -
Still consistently too low, even with the vitamins I take because they don't provide the RDA. I need to eat more of the foods that have iron, or I'll have to rely on supplements, which I hate to do. Not just because I prefer to get my nutrients from foods, but because iron pills taste like a set of keys.
Sodium-
I like salt! Most days my sodium intake is well within the RDA, but on two days at the beginning of the week I was above that. Even with that, however, I've seen a huge improvement in my sodium intake since January 1st 2006. Since high blood pressure is a concern for me and it runs in my family, I have to watch how much sodium I take in.

WEIGHT LOSS 4 lbs
STARTED WEEK AT: 313
ENDED WEEK AT: 309
TOTAL POUNDS LOST SINCE JANUARY 1ST 2006: 32 lbs.


NEW FEATURE
Comparisons motivate me, so I decided to incorporate them into my weekly summaries. So if you want to see how I did this week compared to last week or even all the way back to the first weigh-in, just click on the links below.

Compare to Week 1
Compare to week 2
Compare to week 3
Compare to week 4


0 comments:

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount