Sunday, January 15, 2006

Weekly Summary for Week Two

I’ve lost two more pounds, started taking vitamins, and seen some more changes.

WEEKLY SUMMARY

NOTE
I started taking Centrum and Calcium Citrate this week, but I don’t remember to do it daily. I’ve also decided to track nutrients that raw vegans/vegetarians are said to be low in: B12, calcium and Iron. I notice that I am very low in these nutrients unless I take a vitamin.(I was probably low in these things while eating the Standard American Diet, too).
NUTRIENTS

-Fat ranges from………… 57 to 73 grams

-Protein………………………49 to 63 gms

-Calcium……………………17% to 836% RDA (due to vitamins)

-Magnesium……………….7% to 100% RDA

-Folate…………………….. 5% to 71% RDA

-Carbs……………………….117g to 272g

-Cholesterol………………..29mg to 119mg

-Potassium………………….390mg to 2,912mg

-Calories…………………….1344 to 1979

-B12 ………………………….3.9% to 103%

-Iron………………………….8% to 146%

-Water………………………..average= 6 glasses a day.

WEIGHT LOSS

STARTED WEEK AT: 325

ENDED WEEK AT: 323

TOTAL POUNDS LOST SINCE JANUARY 1ST 2006: 18

CHANGES NOTICED THIS WEEK

I’m remembering to take vitamins (Centrum and Calcium Citrate) more often. On those days, my RDA for calcium, B12 and vitamins D and E are met are almost met. I’d like to improve my diet so that I get more vitamins and minerals from my foods.

I have been waking up earlier in the morning, ready to get out of bed. Instead of waking up between 9 and 10 a.m., I wake up refreshed as early as 5:30, even if I went to bed at midnight. Thus far I’ve chosen to stay in bed and listen to the radio, but I think I’ll start getting out of bed and celebrating the extra waking hours. This is great because it comes just in time for the new college semester when I need extra studying hours.

I had bad sinus pain this morning- this is not common for me.

My eyes have been watering less and less.

No more jaw pain!! I used to have terrible pain from all the sweets I was consuming. I’d take a sip of Pepsi or bite into some candy and could feel the sugar entering my molars and causing immediate, intense pain. Cold beverages did that to me as well- that initial shock of cold was horrible. But since January 1st I’ve had NO pain whatsoever! I know my cavities haven’t suddenly disappeared, but the quality of the foods I eat now are definitely different. SInce I’ve increased my fruit, however, I’ll have to really keep up on brushing my teeth and drinking water to rinse the sugars off. I hear of many fruitarians who report bad teeth due to the sugar content of fruit.

I still have the intestinal problem but it hasn’t been as bad as last week.

I have to mention that my lower back pain seems to have worsened. I don’t know if that’s my imagination or what. Guess I’d better see a doctor. I’ve been eschewing my usual Alleve, but it’s really bad some days- especially first thing in the morning. I just want to make sure it’s not something other than weight-related.

FOODS CONSUMED

Pretty much the same as last week. I’ve removed cauliflower, cabbage and jicama because I can’t stand them right now. I added sprouted bread, which I really like and which has not sparked any food cravings or desire to overeat at all. I’ve eaten the rest of my cheese and won’t buy any more for awhile since that does spark cravings. I’ve found that while I can eat sprouts, the seeds themselves are just too bitter for my palate.

0 comments:

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount