Saturday, January 07, 2006

Jan. 7, day 7


I thought I would provide more specific information about a typical eating day for me, this first week of raw food. Today was typical insofar as what I ate; it differs only in that I didn’t eat breakfast until noon, so it was more like a brunch. My “lunch” was small enough to qualify as a snack. After dinner I had another snack. Snacks are typical for me.

CHANGES for day 7

I have noticed another change since starting the raw life: today I noticed that my face has two patches of lighter pigmentation, one on either side of my mouth. What the heck is that about?? I have medium/dark skin, so it’s very noticeable to me, although my friend didn’t notice it until I pointed it out to her. This should be interesting.

I also have a “stitch” in my lower right side. Could be part of my digestive issues. My diarrhea lessened greatly yesterday but I’m not totally in the clear today.

OK, on to the meals!

BREAKFAST (around noon!)

Organic Raw Black Sesame Tahini (Living Tree), 1 tbsp

1/2 Papaya

8 Cherries

Lettuce

1/2 c Baba Roasted Garlic Hummus

1/2 Taboule Salad

1 tbsp dried Goji Berries (Himalanian brand)

Centrum vitamin (’cause I’m coming up low in calcium and other nutrients)

LUNCH

1 oz. Raw Trail Mix (Mauk Family Farms)

(That was more like a snack, wasn’t it?)

DINNER

Lettuce

1/2 c Baba Roasted Garlic Hummus

1/2 c Taboule Salad

1 oz raw Cheddar Cheese

SNACK

Raisins, 1 small box (1.5 oz)

Raw Trail Mix (Mauk Family Farms), 0.5 oz

Total Nutrients

CALORIES 1,414 CARBS 167 FAT 54 PROTEIN 52

0 comments:

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount