Monday, January 02, 2006

January 2nd- my first “real” step


This morning I woke up with my usual aches and pains- headache, stiff neck and shoulders, terrible pain in my lower back. I got up at 9:30 - about 1/2 hour earlier than usual (I’m on winter break).

Around 11:30 I had my first meal: about 3/4 cup of hummus, a cup or so of my taboule, and some lettuce - the mesclun mix. To drink, I squeezed two oranges and mortar-and-pestled about 1/4 of my pomegranate. I combined the juices with a little bit of cold water. DELICIOUS!! I only got about 1/3 of a cup out of the deal, though. I am now drinking my first 2 cups of water of the day. I’m very bad about drinking water. I had maybe three cups of water yesterday. I expect to go through caffeine withdrawal starting today because it’s my second day without Pepsi. I tend to get a bad headache and feel as if I have a cold. I have no such symptoms yet but the day is still young.

When I get some money I will have to get one of those hand citrus juicers, but I’m not sure what to use to get the juice from a pomegranate without wasting a lot of it. Live and learn, I guess.

LUNCH (2 pm- and I was hungry!): 2 medium cabbage leaves to use a wraps, tabouleh, avocado and alfalfa sprouts in each wrap. I also finished my water- I’m a slow drinker. The meal was rather blah, so I added a bit of salt which improved things greatly. Eventually, however, I’ll have to lay off the salt altogether.

SNACKS: I had three snacks today: a banana, 1/4 cup of pine nuts, and an apple. Before each snack I had a slight headache from hunger. I have doubts that my meals are going to be filling enough for me. I really fear hunger because I don’t want it to tempt me into my old way of eating.

9:30 pm: DINNER: tabouleh, avocado slices, lettuce, hummus and bean sprouts. What really made the meal delicious was that I added some salt (again). I almost craved the salt- I felt that I really needed to consume it. Maybe it was just my imagination. Anyway, I have had 6 cups of water (yaay!) and almost 1800 calories. I might eat again if I’m still hungry, although I really shouldn’t since it’s past 10 pm now and I wanted to stay below 1800. I refuse to go to bed hungry, though.

0 comments:

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount