Thursday, January 12, 2006

Jan. 12, day 12 of raw foods


TODAY’S FOOD

NEW FOOD: SPROUTED BREAD

I was at Wild Oats today. I really like that place and am glad I discovered one near me! I found more raw nuts there than at Whole Foods, and more printed material (I love reading). I’m low on money so I only got one new thing: 7 grain sprouted bread made by Food 4 Life. I got it because of it’s high protein-to-fat content (only .5 grams of fat but 4 grams of protein). I am worried that eating bread will lead me back to processed-food cravings, but I don’t want to assume this without trying it. I’ve had two sandwiches today and must say that it was great to have my taboule and hummus in a different form! But the bread itself is a bit bland. I don’t think it will create any cravings.

BREAKFAST

Raw Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Organic Valley, 2 oz

Flax Seed Crisps, RAW, Mauk Family Farms, 0.5 oz

Small Banana 6″, 1 serving

LUNCH

Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Grain Bread, 2 serving

Avocados, California (Haas), 0.25 fruit without skin and seeds

Baba Roasted Garlic Hummus, 4 tbsp

Taboule Salad, 4 tbsp

Romaine Lettuce (salad), 1 inner leaf

DINNER

Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Grain Bread, 2 slices

Hummus, 1/4 c cup

Romaine Lettuce (salad), 1 inner leaf

Avocados, California (Haas), 2 oz

Taboule Salad, 4 tbsp

SNACKS

SNACKS

Banana, fresh, 1 small (6″ to 6-7/8″ long)

Mangos, 0.8 cup, sliced

Raw Cheddar Cheese, 2 oz

Celery, raw, 2 stalk, medium (7-1/2″ - 8″ long))

Total calories

CALORIES 1,601 CARBS 177 FAT 73 PROTEIN 64

0 comments:

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount