Monday, January 30, 2006

January 30th- Almost a full month raw!!!



I took a Lärabar and a bag of mixed nuts and banana chips to school. The bar, which is raw, was tasty enough. It had the consistency of a chewey brownie. However, I felt like I was eating a treat rather than a meal. The nut mix was nice and my dehydrated bananas I added were a tasty touch! I will be dehydrating more apples and bananas tonight but I do have to take notice that dried fruit can be bad for my teeth as it can stick to your teeth for hours. I made sure to drink water to help get the fruit out of my mouth.


I see that I managed to have over 1300 calories due to the fact that I ate most of my meals before 4 pm. I was hungry by the time I got home this evening but my small dinner satisfied me fully.

More thank-yous to all who are sending me encouragement, advice and information! Amy mentioned the study that suggests that humans would live longer and healthier if they consumed fewer than the standard recommended calories per day. I remember those studies and hadn't thought about it until she said that. I'll have to go back and re-read them. (Not that I'm planning on counting calories again, but it's a very interesting topic and certainly apropos).

Tomorrow being the 31st, I'll be tallying my results for my first month raw. Already I have a pair of pants that fit me differently. (Note that I didn't say they actually fit - just that they fit me differently. Haha!!)

TODAY'S MEALS
BREAKFAST
Spinach, fresh, 41 grams
Red Ripe Tomatoes, 1 plum tomato
Sweet Corn, Fresh, 1 ear, medium (6-3/4" to 7-1/2" long) yields
Avocados, California (Haas), 28 grams
Lime Juice, 1 fl oz
Blue Cheese, 1 oz
Orange Juice, 1 cup
Banana, fresh, 1 medium

LUNCH
Whole Foods Raw Nuts/Seeds Mix, .2 cup
Goji Berries, dried 1/2 oz.
Banana Chips,1/2 oz

DINNER
Avocados, California (Haas), 78 grams
Flax Seed Crisps, RAW, Mauk Family Farms, 3 oz
Tomatoes 1
Taboule Salad, 4 tbsp

SNACKS
Lärabar Chocolate Coconut Chew

CALORIES 1,358 CARBS 168 FAT 82 PROTEIN 42

0 comments:

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount