Saturday, February 18, 2006

Feb 18th- the barbecue's on!

(photo: spinach salad)

Today all of the guests are here and the food is smelling great. Barbecued ribs, baked beans, potato salad, potato chips, sodas, all kinds of bar drinks, a big ol' cake... And what am I eating? The GOOD stuff! I mean it - look at that salad up there. How can you beat a salad that looks that inviting? My girlfriend made it and I just had to share it with all of you. Knowing that I'm up here writing a paper and staying raw, she's already made me two salads, juiced some oranges, made sure I got my vitamin and brought me papaya slices. Isn't that sweet?

So today I had only about 26 points when I'm supposed to be, according to Weight Watchers, at 32. I'd eat more but I'm too full from my salad to do it. As you can see below, much of my salads contain 0-point foods. This illustrates one of the arguments against a sustained diet of raw foods; that raw vegetables and fruits are so low in calories that you have to eat more than you might be comfortable with in order to get all your calories in. Since I'm trying to lose a lot of weight, that particular argument isn't so crucial to me at the moment, frankly. I'll worry about it when I approach my goal weight - um, whatever that may be. (Unsurprisingly, healthy weight is another point of contention between raw foodists and the non-raw).

TODAY'S AWESOME MEALS

BREAKFAST salad
Tomato 0
Spinach 0
Raw Blue cheese (1 oz) 2
Scallions 0
zucchini 0
Corn 1
bean sprouts 0
Avocado 2
1 tsp olive oil 1.5
2 cups OJ 4
10.5 points

LUNCH
5 dates
6 points

DINNER
Another spinach salad 6.5
Papaya slices 1
banana 2
9.5 points

SNACKS
(NONE)

TOTAL POINTS: 26

0 comments:

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount