Thursday, February 09, 2006

Febrary 9th- Tried a New Raw Recipe Today


New Recipe Today


Someone sent me a recipe for replacement hummus and I tried it today. It calls for 3 zucchinis, 2 tbs of tahini, 3 clove garlic, shallots, lemon juice, 3 dates and salt. After putting in everything except 1 of the garlic cloves and the lime I have to say it tasted....horrid. But wait! It was very bitter, so I added a teaspoon of raw honey and voilĂ - it actually tasted... all right! I added 1 tablespoon of tahini to make it more reminiscent of hummus, and since I had no lemons I used lime juice to taste. I add a little extra salt and since I didn't have any shallots I figured a couple of scallions would do. The only problem with the recipe was that it was too liquid to use as hummus- my fault, since I added a little water to get the blender going. I really wasn't sure what to do with the stuff until my girlfriend said it would make a great salad dressing. So that's what I have now! A tasty dressing. Thank you so much for the recipe, Sarinya! I appreciate all of the recipes people suggest. It's so nice to have new meals to look forward to.

Couldn't Help It...


I did a sneak peek of the scale and it appears I'm now down 30 lbs. Nothing's official until Sunday, but I'm really astounded. 30 lbs in 40 days! I never used to look forward to weigh-ins before, but I sure do now.

And Last But Not Least


My classmate came through and brought me a peach so I wouldn't feel left out while everyone else in the class ate rice krispie treats in celebration of her birthday. Funny thing- a couple of other people said that peaches sounded like a great idea and they wanted some, too! We have two more birthdays in the class this month (mine included) and she said she'll bring fruit for those days, too. Pretty cool, huh?



I invite you to take the Raw Odyssey poll on the right!



TODAY'S MEALS

BREAKFAST (Yup- fruit salad!!)
Banana, 1 medium
Mangos, 1
Tangerine Juice, 6 fl oz
Honeydew Melon, 0.33 melon
Cantaloupe, 1 cup, cubes
Pomegranate Juice, 4 oz
Vitamins

LUNCH
Skipped it again.

DINNER (Salad )
Spinach, fresh, 3 cup
1 plum tomato
Sweet Corn, Fresh, ½ ear, medium
Basil, 3 leaves
Blue Cheese, 2 oz
Zucchini dressing 2 oz.

SNACKS
Baby Carrots, raw, 1 medium
Dates, 5 date
Whole Foods Raw Nuts/Seeds Mix 1 oz.
Peaches, 1

CALORIES 1,207 CARBS 201 FAT 31 PROTEIN 201

0 comments:

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount