Friday, February 24, 2006

February 24th- 7 Weeks Raw

(Photo: Fenugreek seeds)


Today I've had no cramps in my side, no diarrhea - Yippee!! finallyfaith recommended I eat fermented foods to help me resolve that problem in the future. I'd be very interested in knowing more about that, finallyfaith- how do you think they will help me? The only fermented food I've tried since becoming raw is Kombucha tea. Is that one of the foods you'd recommend? I'd be willing to try it, but not the gingerade (ugh -I still remember writing item #3 in my first raw week summary about that!). Ren suggests drinking aloe gel and also practicing proper breathing techniques. I do breathe improperly- and shallowly, too. Maybe I should do yoga.

Ausjulie - you asked how I count my calories. Currently I go to NutritionData.com because I'm counting points. There, you can save all the foods you eat for a meal into a "pantry" and then easily calculate your nutrients for an entire meal at once rather than calculating ingredients separately. Another site I use is sparkpeople.com, which I use as an exercise and diet journal.

Finally, happy birthday all of you with upcoming birthdays - that includes annaconda and dazzle (I love these screen names!!).

And now, back to the books!


TODAY'S MEALS

BREAKFAST - Smoothie
Mangos, 2/3
Banana, 1 large
Raspberries, 1 cup
Vitamin
5 points

LUNCH
None

DINNER
Olive Oil, 2 tsp
Blue Cheese, 2 oz
Spring mix of lettuces
Red Ripe Tomatoes, 1 cup
Avocados, California 1/2
Taboule Salad, 1/2 cup
Garlic
12 points

SNACKS
Orange Juice, 2 cup
Another salad
12 points

TOTAL: 29 points


0 comments:

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount