Friday, February 17, 2006

February 17th: 48 Days Eating Raw


(Photo: fenugreek seeds)

I barely made it to 32 points today! When I finished my last meal and saw I was still down by 6 points, I made 16 oz of orange juice and had my remaining two dates. They happened to come to 6 points. I spent all of today studying, so I had to consciously break from the books to eat and to record my meals. If it weren't for the points being on my mind I would have skipped eating just to keep studying. Luckily it's a lot faster to record points than calories. Overall, today was a good day as far as keeping with the new points system and geting enough to eat. I haven't taken any more sneak peeks at the scale this week, which is good because I don't want to get obsessed with that.

I think I'm really going to like using points because of how simple the system is, but what's even more fun is that I can compare my progress losing 200 lbs this time with my progress losing 200 lbs on Weight Watchers a few years ago. It took me almost 3 years to do it (not bad at all), but I had a lot of bingeing, "cheating" and anxiety along the way. The experience is certainly different this time around.

Well, time to hit the books again.

TODAY'S MEALS

BREAKFAST (Salad)
Orange Juice 1 cup 2 pts
3 cups raw spinach
1 oz raw blue cheese,
2 oz. avocado
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup taboule
Bean sprouts
Grated carrot
Total: 11 points


LUNCH (Fruit salad)
1 Banana
1 mango
2 mejool dates
A few blueberries
Total: 6 points

DINNER
2 sushi rolls (12 pieces)
yam
nori
carrot
bean sprouts
avocado
nama shoyu
4 points

SNACKS (Sandwich)
2 slices Ezekiel bread
3 TBS hummus (must be the largest container of hummus ever made!)
2 oz avocado
---
2 cups OJ
2 medjool dates
11 points

DAY'S TOTAL POINTS: 32

0 comments:

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount