Saturday, March 25, 2006

Summary of Week 11 Eating Raw!

This is a week for new developments. Some of them have been developing for a couple of weeks or longer, but I haven't noted them because it takes a while before I decide that something is actually presenting as a true "change" and not just a transitory event. The developments include the following:

THE NOT SO GOOD STUFF
  • My hair is thinning around the crown
  • I've had "allergy" symptoms for the past couple of weeks or more
  • The dark, rough patches of skin on my face (cheeks) have smoothed and lightened considerably
THE GOOD STUFF
  • I got my first unsolicited comment from someone who noticed I've lost weight
  • My girlfriend made some great living bread and some good raw meals, restoring my faith in the raw food diet
The hair loss seems to me to be directly related to my diet. According to Sparkpeople my diet is very low in protein - we're talking below 30 grams sometimes. I've decided to add protein in the form of more raw cheese (I just bought some raw milk gouda), raw seeds, and grains. As for my allergy-like symptoms, some people might think that these are signs of detox. I'm open to the idea, but I must say that I've had all these symptoms from time to time before going raw, so I'm still inclined to believe I'm having an allergic reaction to something.

OK- I've made a couple of Big Decisions! I've decided that for the time being, I will no longer track my foods on sparkpeople, and I will try not to way myself for about two weeks. I've made these decisions because I want to start transitioning into a more "normal" way of eating, where I learn to trust my own body for signs of hunger and the need for nutrients. I've learned a lot these past three months and am ready to take the training wheels off! So you won't see me logging points or calories or fat grams any longer, although I will state what I ate. If I start gaining weight then I will put the training wheels back on for a little while. Eventually, I hope to free myself from the scale and food tracking. It's kinda scary for me, considering my history, but if I don't do new things, I'm not on an odyssey, am I?


NUTRIENTS

Calories..................................701 to 1468.81
Weight Watcher's Points:.....Average of 28.57 points per day
Fat..........................................19g to 76g
Carbs......................................49g t0 240g
Protein...................................15g to 45g


WEIGHT LOSS
STARTED WEEK AT: 296
ENDED WEEK AT: 294
TOTAL LOST SINCE JANUARY 1ST 2006: 47 lbs.


COMPARISONS TO PREVIOUS SUMMARIES

Compare to week 1
Compare to week 10 (last week)
Compare to week 2
Compare to week 3
Compare to week 4
Compare to week 5
Compare to week 6
Compare to week 7
Compare to week 8
Compare to week 9

0 comments:

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount