Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

(Photo: Felicia's adaptation of several Juliano Uncook Book recipes)

Today my girlfriend surprised me with Ezekiel bread and taboule. Yaaay- I made a quick hummus and taboule sandwich and then ran off to school with a banana in my book bag. She later surprised me with a dinner that was worthy of a raw restaurant by combining ideas from Juliano's Uncook book: the Exquisite Raw Marinara sauce and the Pesto Pasta. She even made garlic bread by rubbing garlic on a slice of Ezekiel bread. The herbs and spices really came through, making the sauce filling and very satisfying.

She marinated some red onion using Juliano's recipe for Marinated Onion Ringlets and added those to the marinara/pesto sauce. Thank you! My faith in the possibilities of raw food are again renewed. Those recipes are awesome. I could have eaten that sauce alone, like gazpacho.

My girlfriend is thinking of joining me for a couple weeks of raw eating to see if it might help her lose some of her remaining post-gastric-bypass-weight. It would be great if she did this with me not only because it would be great for her, but because I'll benefit from some tasty meals. Wish me luck. (I mean, wish her luck!!!)


BREAKFAST
Salad

LUNCH
hummus

DINNER







SNACKS
banana

TOTAL POINTS: 27

0 comments:

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount