Sunday, March 12, 2006

Sunday, March 12: Beginning of Week 10 Eating Raw

(NOTE: Unfortunately blogspot was down last night so I could not post March 12th until today)

Today I visited a new café so that I could study away from the house. I was thrilled to find out they are into fresh and organic foods. It's amazing how many raw-friendly places might be around me that I have not yet discovered. At the café I had a smoothie for lunch that they made from banana, mango, peaches and orange juice (I asked them to leave out the skim milk). Later in the day I had an "elixir" made from juiced carrot, beet, apple and ginger. It really made me miss my L'Equp juicer. This place just might become my new hangout. They sell plenty of things I won't eat, like bakery items and sandwiches, but they carry salads and a wide variety of smoothies and juices. They even sell packages of goji berries and raw cacao.

I feel very full right now- that large juice really filled me up! Even though my budget doesn't really support it, it is nice to get out of the house and have someone else make my meals for me. My raw food experience is a little easier on the days I get to buy a restaurant salad or even make my own from a salad bar. No chopping, grating or cleanup involved!

My estimated total of points today is 28.

BREAKFAST Salad
Spinach
Raw blue cheese
garlic
tomato
Bean sprouts
1/2 oz pecans
8 points

LUNCH smoothie
Mango
Banana
peach
orange juice
10 points (estimate)

DINNER Salad
Taboule
Lettuce
2 oz raw blue cheese
zucchini slices
10 points

SNACKS

0 comments:

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount