Saturday, March 04, 2006

March 4, 2006- 2 Months, 4 Days Eating Raw

(Photo: star anise)

FINALLY PUT A COUPLE OF RECIPES TOGETHER
Today I made guacamole, a salad dressing, and taboule. The salad dressing is basically a salsa that I pureed into the consistency of salad dressing. It has a very fresh taste: tomatoes, cilantro, coriander, scallions, garlic, and a little salt.

The taboule is surprisingly good- this time, along with the parsley, soaked bulgur, tomato, cucumber and olive oil, I added a bit of lime juice and some salt. I hate to say that salt makes such a difference, but it's a guilty pleasure.

I made smoothie today using papaya. I'm not sure how much I like papaya- it's very soft and many of them, to me, are not very sweet. As a consequence, the smoothie turned out not-so-sweet. I can't say I disliked it- in fact, since I'm not as much into sweet foods as I used to be (pre-raw), it was kinda nice as a change of pace. But I still like my smoothies sweeter. Today I'm going to look for smoothie recipes that blend well with carob powder.


TODAY'S MEALS

BREAKFAST
6 medjool dates

LUNCH
Spinach salad

DINNER
hummus sandwich on Ezekiel bread

SNACKS
Smoothie: papaya, mango, banana, strawberries

TOTAL POINTS: 34

2 comments:

Roger_Paw said...

wow, thanks for posting this stuff! I'll look into following something similar thanks to you! I've been vegetarian for 16 years but am not as slim (nor eat as well) as I should be. Recipes look delicious. Good Luck!

chubbiegirl said...

i read your blog everyday :). i am migrating toward raw, as i currently eat two raw meals a day (smoothie for brekkie, and salad for lunch). I am gluten free, so i have fewer temptations to stray as i have to make most things myself anyway.

anyway, i just wanted to give you some encouragement. i really hope this works for you, and i really think it's fantastic that you are so into working on yourself.

if you get bored of eating the same old things, here's a yummy thing i've discovered. i take half of an avocado (all of this is diced or in it's small natural state), red pepper, carrots, a slice of onion-or chives, corn (i use organic frozen), pistachios, and raisins. then i mix up a dressing of honey, cilantro, jalapeno, salt, apple cider vinegar, lime and olive oil. i just whip it up in the blender or small chopper. it should be sweet and spicey. i dress the veggie mix with this and spoon it into a red cabbage leaf. it's super yummy.

you could use any salad veggie you like. i've also used snap peas, cucumber, etc... the dressing can also be varied. try nama shoyu or braggs with sesame oil for flavor. mmmm. i'm making me hungry :).

take care :)

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount