Wednesday, March 01, 2006

March 1st, 2006

Photo: Black cardamon pods (a most heavenly smelling seed!)

I have been in terrible abdominal pain for much of the day. Something about the pain suddenly turned a lightbulb on for me this afternoon, though (as I grimaced through a very long class). Last August I ended up in the emergency room with these same symptoms- albeit even worse. I'd had those pains for awhile but had attributed them to other problems (I'm overweight, so I blame everything on my weight or what I eat). I only went to the ER when the pain was too much to bear. It turned out I had ovarian cysts. I haven't had any symptoms like that again until now.

Sure, it could be that I have two problems- a dietary one (sensitivity to the amount of fiber in my diet) AND the cysts. I was surprised that diarrhea could even be a symptom of ovarian cysts, bit since I have seen that mentioned on several websites now, and had the honor of experiencing it myself last year, I can vouch for it's being one of the symptoms. It would be nice, in a way, to know that the pain and diarrhea aren't related to my diet, because as I've said in this blog before, it really hasn't been making any sense. On the other hand- ovarian cysts? Something I could definitely live without. Especially now- I have a test tomorrow, for gosh sake!

Today is going to be one of those days when I don't eat much -I've completely lost my appetite. The thought of going through the whole ovarian cyst experience again is kinda depressing.

TODAY'S MEALS

BREAKFAST
Smoothie:
strawberry, mango, banana, kiwi, OJ
Vitamin
9 points

LUNCH
Mixed nuts (Whole Foods)
8 points

DINNER
(none)

SNACKS
5 medjool dates
wine
9 points

TOTAL POINTS: 34 points <-- updated/corrected

0 comments:

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount