Thursday, April 06, 2006

Thursday, April 6, 2006



I had a really tasty smoothie for breakfast and couldn't help but look up the nutritional content. I was surprised at how much this smoothie packed! It's got 9 grams of protein, 15 grams of fat, and 25 grams of fiber. It gave me 356% of my vitamin C, 15% of my calcium, and 21% of my iron. It was 14 points (almost half my day's allotment). Here's what nutritiondata.com said about it:

The Good
This food is very low in Cholesterol and Sodium. It is also a good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin K and Manganese, and a very good source of Vitamin C.

The Bad
A large portion of the calories in this food come from sugars.

My smoothie had:
3 dates
1/2 honeydew
1.35 oz coconut meat
1 kiwi
1/2 banana
1 cup raspberries

Besides the smoothie I had my favorite hummus sandwich on hemp bread -the photo shows my girlfriend's version, which uses guacamole instead of the avocado slices I usually put in it. For dinner I made sushi.

I must admit that I weighed myself today- so much for trying to avoid the scale. I haven't lost a THING. But I've definitely been losing inches! Today I was able to zip up all of the pants I couldn't even pull up over my hips in January. I wouldn't wear any of those clothes out, though- too tight for comfort. But it's nice to know that I have a brand new pair of cargo pants, and two pairs of capris pants coming up. I also have a couple of sweat pants I should be able to wear in a month or so. I can fit into my button-down blouses more comfortably and don't have to wear them all as jackets due to their not truly fitting me. :-D It's always nice to have new clothes waiting for you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your progress! Sounds like your body is reorganizing. That's great! As things progress and you move a bit further away from dehydrated foods and a lot of nuts and avocados, you will really start shedding the pounds. Great work so far!

yeah said...

Hi,

Not sure how long you've been eating raw foods. I just a few day received a book by the wonderful Paul Bragg on Fasting. You should check it out it is awesome. I have been into raw foods since July '05 when his first book got me seriously into it. And now this one has come and it's great! ..i think it would help with the losing weight issue.

Love
Exquisiteskyview

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount