Friday, April 07, 2006

Friday, April 7, 2006

(photo: young Thai coconut before it is shaved and shaped into that odd appearance)

Ahhhhh... more Thai coconuts! Now that we're "experts," we weren't scared to buy three of them this time (a dollar apiece). These things are my new obsession- just cracking one open and smelling it is relaxing. I used the coconut water (minus what I spilled all over the table) for another smoothie this morning, replacing the usual orange juice. Here's what NutritionData says about today's concoction: coconut water, papaya, mango and banana:

The Good This food is low in Saturated Fat, and very low in Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Potassium and Manganese, and a very good source of Vitamin C.

The Bad
A large portion of the calories in this food come from sugars.

This smoothie has 64 grams of sugar- I guess that's "bad." But if I had used 8 oz of orange juice instead of the 1 & 1/3 cups of coconut water, the smoothie would have had 9 points and 87 grams of sugar.

Hey- I added a new food to my menu: Ezekiel sprouted tortillas. Yaay- I'm all about trying new things. The tortilla gave me a little break from the bread. Time for some enchiladas!

0 comments:

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount