Thursday, April 20, 2006

Thursday, April 20, 2006

(Photo: Bragg's Liquid Aminos seasoning)

Today I ate pretty much the same small meal repeatedly- salad in various forms. I also had a fruit smoothie into which I added about 3 oz. of lettuce (rather than having a green smoothie into which I add some fruit).

The photo above is the Bragg Liquid Aminos. It appears in so many raw recipes that we bought some a couple of weeks ago. It's very salty and reminds me of strong soy sauce. Felicia used it in the nut burgers she made last week. To be honest, I can't say I like it- it's way too strong and salty for me.

I have no idea why so many recipes call for this seasoning- can it really be totally because of the taste? I did a little reading on it and I guess people consider it to be a raw product that provides the protein raw food eaters want in their diet. However, there apparently is some controversy over the "raw" claim and the safety of the product. I know there are people who swear by this stuff (like Juliano, apparently, since so many of his recipes call for it).

I found a post on We Like It Raw where people talk about some negative aspects of the product. To be fair, here's a link to Bragg's site so you can read what they say about their product. As usual, we need to do our homework. Caveat emptor.

0 comments:

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount