Monday, April 17, 2006

Monday, April 17, 2006.

Monday consisted of a green smoothie before class (kiwi, banana, and 6 oz of romaine) and a morning snack of trail mix made of dried coconut, almonds, pecans and cashews with a little sea salt- a bit over an ounce. For lunch I packed one of the nut burgers and had that as a sandwich with guacamole, lettuce and tomato. The sandwich fills me up for hours, which is awesome since sometimes I study pretty late. All I have to do is remember to drink my water throughout the day. I don't do a good job of that, but I try.

The photo above is salsa. We've use it on salads, sandwiches, and have mixed into guacamole. It's a pretty all-purpose mixture that is good to make ahead of time and just dip into over the course of a week. We usually use coriander, garlic, cilantro, scallions, and tomatoes. I'll vary the recipe by mixing in yellow tomatoes to make it prettier sometimes. I pretty much use this the same way I use taboule.

On my way into class I listed to Raw Vegan Radio's podcast interview with David Wolfe. I found it to be interesting. I may have time to listen to part two today. There is a link in the sidebar to the right which will lead you to Raw Vegan Radio if you want to take a listen. Wolfe is a very enthusiastic promoter of the raw lifestyle- when I hear him I picture him as an animated man with a constant grin. I like some of his views about the quality of life one creates for oneself. I try to remain upbeat and positive even when day to day things seem difficult, tiring or bleak. Sticking with raw foods has been challenging, but as a pathway to overall holistic health, it is worth it for me to look at the challenges in a positive, character-building way. check out Raw Vegan Radio!

0 comments:

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount