Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A Yummy Day


I had another good workout today. I truly meant to make it a “light” day but I get competitive with myself. I want to either burn more calories or go a little further each session. Today I decided to go for the increased calories, so I raised the incline up to 2.5% on the slow songs. But when I peeked at the time on the treadmill and saw that 37 minutes had passed and I had only gone about 1.75 miles, I ramped up the speed a little so I could complete 2 miles in 45 minutes. I still didn’t go over 3 mph, though because I’m supposed to keep my heart rate between 117 and 144.

Since I’m notoriously bad at drinking water (I could seriously go for days without any) I always make sure I drink 16 oz before I return to my car after the workout- at least I get 2 cups in that way. I am trying to get into the habit of drinking some in the morning and evening as well.

After my workout I went to the grocery store to stock up on more fresh salmon. Since I’m not used to cooking for myself- I went from a raw diet to a ghastly fast-food/frozen food diet - I had fun looking up recipes. I used a baked salmon recipe from SparkPeople for a 12-oz piece of salmon with the skin (I always eat the skin!), and I sautéed 4 six-oz fillets using a tiny bit of olive oil in a non-stick pan. While I was baking and sautéing I was also steaming broccoli in a makeshift steamer made of a steel strainer and a stock pot. The house smelled so good! The reason I steamed the broccoli is that I don’t like raw broccoli- never have. But it’s a good vegetable to have on hand.

I made an unfortunate discovery: those three salmon fillets I had previously were really SIX ounces each, not three ounces!! See what happens when you don’t have a food scale, boys and girls? The good news, however, is that on those days I was about 150 calories closer to the 2,400 calories my trainer wants me to consume daily. (I have ensured that I will not have this problem again by buying a food scale).

So I had a great workout, a huge dinner with vegetables, drank a little more water than usual, and feel great! I will weigh myself tomorrow morning (if I remember).

breakfast:
Mangos, 1 cup, sliced
Banana
Cherry Juice, 4 oz
Blackberries, fresh, 0.5 cup
Whey Protein Powder
lunch:
Campbell's bean w/bacon soup
dinner:
Baked Salmon, 4 oz
Broccoli, steamed, 1 cup
Spinach, fresh, 2 cup
Feta Cheese, 1 oz
Salsa, 0.5 cup
Avocados, 1/2
Italian Salad Dressing, 1 tbsp
Brown Rice, long grain, 1 cup

CALORIES CARBS FAT PROTEIN
1,694 235 51 88

0 comments:

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount