Sunday, June 17, 2007

I Ran!

I had a fun day today, even though I started the day a little annoyed that I lost not a single pound this week. I forgot about that though when a raw vegan friend gave a potluck, which I attended. Not all of the foods were raw. I can have one “cheat day” a week so I enjoyed my first pastry in a long while (I cut it in half), a slice of raw pie, some guacamole, tortilla chips and salsa, and fruit salad. I was surprised that I didn’t do badly on the calorie side of things, although raw pies tend to be fattening and I have no idea what the nutritional content of the pie is. That slice could have been 300 calories, for all I know. I’m not going to worry about it since it was my cheat day.

Before the potluck I worked out in the complex I live in. After 15 minutes I was so bored I was going to give up, but thank goodness for my iPod! The music gave me a boost. And since I was the only one in there I thought hey, let me try running to make this more interesting. I “ran” at a VERY slow pace because the machine is old and the belt “slips” a little, but I did run. I did it in half-minute spurts, and walked at 2.8 to 3.0 mph in between. I stopped the workout when I hit two miles, but my cooldown took me to 45 minutes. A woman entered the workout room during one of my sprints and I instantly went back to walking because I felt very self conscious, but then I thought, who cares what I look like running on this thing? And I started running again. I was very proud of myself for that.

It’s late and I’m too lazy to copy and paste my menu but I did eat over 2000 calories due to my salmon salad dinner and the pie slice. My friend who told me about the 2100- calories-per-day recommendation for people who weigh 300 lbs sent me a food list that I really like. There are four columns. “Five” appears to be a special number on this plan: you take one food from each column five times a day. Every five days you get a cheat day. You eat five times a day, all within a 12 hour period. Other rules: You cannot eat after 7 pm, and you cannot eat more fruits than vegetables. The plan allows nuts but no cheese. Everything I ate today (except feta) was allowed on the plan because it allows tortillas. (Oops- it doesn’t allow pastries!) Canned foods aren’t included, but I have some soups to eat up before I get into this plan fully.

So, I’ve lost no additional weight, but I made up for that disappointment by proving to myself that I can run on the treadmill. I cannot complain!

1 comments:

TheWriterStuff said...

Congratulations on your run. I haven't tried to run in a long while. Too much jiggling going on, ya know? With this chest I'm afraid I might knock myself out. LOL!

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount