Saturday, June 30, 2007

45 Minutes on the Elliptical Trainer

I am TIRED- but again, it's a good tired. I didn't think I could last that long on the E.T. but somehow, one song at a time, I made it to 45 minutes. I know I burned a decent amount of calories because I was sweating at 30 minutes the way I usually am when on the treadmill. I did 3.82 miles total and burned about 650 calories, according to Sparkpeople. I take the calorie-burning totals with a grain of salt, but as long as I burned more calories than through walking, I'm happy. Besides, after eating so much yesterday, burning off extra calories is a very good thing.

Today I had fat free cottage cheese and fruit about an hour before my workout. Cottage cheese is a good source of protein. For my late lunch I am having 2 turkey burgers with an oz of feta cheese for the fat, 2 slices of Ezekiel bread, and a cup of cauliflower. By the way, I am multitasking. I'm utilizing the 107 degree heat to give myself a southwestern hot oil treatment! I put olive oil in my hair after my shower, wrapped it in Saran wrap, put a hat on, and now I'm lounging on the balcony eating my healthy lunch, drinking iced tea, and typing out the blog. This is the life! The fan I have blowing on me is making the dry heat bearable.

I should add that my hair is looking halfway decent. I had gotten it straightened in May to assess how well it has grown out since my all-raw/low protein diet caused my hair to thin noticeably last year (I repeat the hair history for new readers). It's still not thick like it used to be, but with the new growth since May, my scalp is not so easy to see and I feel much better about my appearance. As I morph my diet into a vegetarian one, my complexion will start to look better again, too.

0 comments:

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount