Friday, June 08, 2007

Mmmm You Gotta Try This

I made my brown rice dish tonight and boy is it delicious- I just had to share. I eat it cold and I think I might have another serving, this time with avocado on the side. Between the olive oil and the avocado, I'm gettin' those good fats in.

Brown Rice Salad

  • Cook 1 cup dry brown rice according to the directions (and don't burn a batch like I did)
  • Add 1 large bunch of parsley minced/finely chopped (I used curly parsley)
  • Add 1 large clove of garlic, grated or minced
  • Add 1 cup salsa (or just chop up enough tomatoes to make one cup, and add 2 or three chopped scallions)
  • Squeeze in the juice of 1/2 lemon or lime
  • Add 4 oz of crumbled feta
  • Add salt to taste
  • Add 1/8 cup of olive oil
Obviously you can add these ingredients in whatever proportions you want. Or add/subtract items- I'm all for creativity. Bon appetit!

I did not work out tonight but I did get the key to the workout room, which means I will have two locations to get my treadmill sessions in. I'm getting sneakers tomorrow. I did not meet with the trainer today because she was supposed to send me an email with information in it first, and also verify the specific time of our meeting but she never did. That's ok- I was sleepy as heck today anyway and wouldn't have been alert.

For my working lunch today we went to a sushi place. I had 7 pieces of nigiri sushi and 1 California roll. WAY too much food- I was stuffed! So yummy, though. I love my sushi Fridays.

0 comments:

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount