Thursday, May 25, 2006

New Raw Food Resource for Las Vegas!

The Live Health Food Store
1591 N. Buffalo, Las Vegas


I'm so happy to find a new resource for raw foodists (and for anyone else wanting to eat healthfully) in Las Vegas. The Live Health Food Store is located in a nice, clean, bright storefront where the owner, Maxine, will be offering both one-on-one and group support for people new to eating raw. She will also have exercise classes!


I happened upon the store quite accidentally and am so glad I found it. There are fast food and junk food spots all across the landscape, so we need as many health-related places as possible. The more, the merrier!




I wish Maxine the best of luck and I urge Las Vegans to support this new business and to spread the word that this store is out there.








And when you drop by, tell Maxine that Allison sent you!


1 comments:

Kristal said...

Couldn't fit my whole truffle recipe on the tag board, but here it is:

Hmm... no picture yet. My "batch" this time was only enough for maybe one truffle -- and it needed a little more coconut oil than the sample I was sent home with. But I'll have to try again, and find some excuse to give most of them away! Basically, though, just take raw cacao powder, maybe a couple of Tbs, and maybe 1/2 a Tbs of coconut oil. Squeeze about 1/3 of a Meyer's lemon (these are sweeter) into it, add agave to taste. Add more coconut oil to smooth out the texture. Mine was a wee bit too dry. Raw cacao is DELICIOUS!

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount