Thursday, May 18, 2006

Changes are in store....


Laguiole raw milk cheese
Originally uploaded by rawallison.

Today I had a little treat at the Go Raw Cafe in Las Vegas and learned a bit more about a raw diet from one of the staff there. In her opinion, I shouldn't be eating cheese at all, raw or not, I should be drinking a heck of a lot more water, and drinking more green smoothies. She says that she eats nuts only about once a week (I was eating them daily), and stays away from tofu because it's processed. She eats her largest meal during the hottest part of the day, and has a relatively small breakfast and dinner. She advocates eating an 80/20 raw/cooked food plan.

It was great to get some perspective talking to her. It's easy for me to get myopic when I don't hear from other people about what they are doing. I know that what other people do won't always be suitable for me, but I like the opportunity to compare what I do to what other successful "veterans" of raw foodism are doing to see if something they are doing might be worth trying. Talking with her helped me to solidify my plan to quit eating cheese for a while. I think I will also adopt her habit of eating my largest meal duirng the hottest part of the day (when, she says, the body's metabolism is the highest). I like her 80/20 plan as well, although I don't plan to consciously add more cooked food to my diet- I like where I am now and want to stick with "high raw" until I get to my weight goal.

The bottom line for me is that there are a variety of ways to eat raw, and no one way is right for everyone. I'm quite sure that on my raw odyssey, I'll try different ways of eating raw and will find some to be preferable to others.

0 comments:

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount