Sunday, July 09, 2006

A Reader's Experience with Hair Loss

NOTE: A reader, Zoebess, submitted this comment at my mirror site. Because she put so much work into it and included information that other readers may want to know, I thought I would make it a blog entry of its own at this site.


Hairfall
by Zoebess


My heart went out to you reading about your struggle with hairloss. I experienced my own hairloss and thought I would share what worked for me in case there is something you might be interested in trying....

Last fall I did an extended Master Cleanse fast, 30 days, and unfortunately, my hair took a hit and within months, it began to fall out by the handful. I have fine hair, past my butt so you can imagine, I was freaking because both my brothers are bald!

I read up on it and discovered that it does happen and is connected to hormone levels. I cant remember everything I did but I did get liquid minerals and vitamins since they are more easily assimilated than pills. I also included kelp capsules because they are good for balancing out your hormone levels.

Here were the liquid supps I decided on. Each bottle is one month supply.

http://www.active-liquid-vitamins.com/product-alm.htm
http://www.active-liquid-vitamins.com/faq.htm#liqui

I also went to speak with some hair people and after that incorportated coconut oil hair/head massages, and also emu oil, both which helped tremendously. I would oil my hair and then put on one of those shower cap thingeys, the disposable kind and go out in the sun for an hour or so. I really let it soak in. I was also told that the hair that was falling out had died 3 months earlier which was exactly during my fast. The woman also recommend Nioxin which is a cleanser for the hair with bionutrient protectives. I added 3 or 4 drops of Oregano oil to this also. You need to take care not to get it in your eyes with the oregano but my feeling was, if I have skin mites or anything living on my scalp, the oregano was going to do them in.

I also added Coconut Powder to my diet to get more healthy fats in --
http://www.enerhealthbotanicals.com/products.html

I also used Hair, Skin & Nail Support from the Herbal Healer Academy.
http://www.herbalhealer.com/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.herbalhealer.com/newproducts.html

NEW! HHA HAIR, SKIN & NAIL SUPPORT
This is an exceptional formula at a great price for all of you who need extra daily supplementation to enhance the growth of your nails and hair and also to help promote healthy skin. This formula combines all the most important vitamins, minerals and amino acids. These nutrients support lustrous hair, glowing skin and flawless nails! Also, this formula should be supplemented whenever there is any type of skin disorder, including psoriasis, acne, mysterious rashes, seborrhea, etc.

Ingredients:
50% RDA -2500 IU - VITAMIN A (100% as Beta Carotene)
50% RDA - 30 mg. - VITAMIN C (as Ascorbic Acid)
50% RDA - 15 I.U. - VITAMIN E (as d-alpha Tocopheryl Succinate)
330% RDA - 5 mg. - THIAMINE - B1 - Helps stimulate proper cell growth, antioxidant activity helps prevent rapid aging.
180% RDA - 3 mg. - RIBOFLAVIN - B2 - Facilitates use of oxygen by the tissues of the skin, nails and hair.
25% RDA - 5 mg. - NIACIN - B3 - Needed for circulation and healthy skin. Important for all skin disorders.
250% RDA - 5 mg. - PYRIDOXINE B-6 - Indicated for all skin and nail conditions and hair loss.
25% RDA - 100 mcg. - FOLIC ACID - Cellular energy and helps cellular formation
210% RDA - 12.5 mcg. B-12 - Promotes growth and development by maintaining the fatty sheath that cover and protect the nerve endings. Note: Strict vegetarians need to supplement B12 as this vitamin is found almost exclusively in animal tissue. Because the body can store B12, vegetarians may not see the signs of deficiency for a year or more.
85% RDA - 250 mcg. BIOTIN - Cell growth and helps metabolize carbohydrates, fats and proteins properly.
Very important for healthy hair and skin. Dry scaly scalp can be a Biotin deficiency.
250% RDA - 25 mg. - PANTOTHENIC ACID - B5
50% RDA - 75 mcg. - IODINE (Kelp)
12% RDA - 250 mcg - COPPER ( from Copper Amino Acid Chelate) - non-toxic
250 mg. MSM SULPHUR - Phenomenal in helping all skin problems
150 mg. L- METHIONINE - Amino acid essential for detox and mobilizes toxic build-ups in the body.
100 mg. L-CYSTEINE - Amino Acid - Present in alpha keratin, the chief protein of the fingernails, toenails, skin and hair. Helps production of Collagen and promotes elasticity in skin.
100 mg. HORSETAIL HERB - Famous for it's concentrated nutritional and mineral support
25 mg. Choline - Vitamin - Without proper amounts of choline, the body's brain and memory function is impaired. Brain function for healing!
25 mg. INOSITOL - Vitamin essential for hair growth. Deficiency symptom - hair loss.
25 mg. PABA - Vitamin that helps in the assimilation of Pantothenic Acid. Antioxidant ability that helps protect the skin against cancer. Helps restore gray hair to original color if gray is caused by stress of nutritional deficiency.

Daily Recommended Dose: 1 capsule 3 to 6 times a day preferable on empty stomach or before meals.

(Reg. Retail Price - Large 90 capsule bottle - $19.95)
HHA MEMBER PRICE
HHA HAIR, SKIN & NAIL SUPPORT
90 capsules - Buy 1 - $16.95 ea.
Buy 3 - Only $14.00 each
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway...after much stress and fretting, my hairfall stopped and my hair grew back and is fine. I just did another 30 day cleanse but this time added blackstrap molasses, the liquid vitamins/minerals and liquid Essiac to the cleanse. I will be able to tell in a few months if my deviations from the cleanse worked to keep my hair in enough nutrition.

Now, off the cleanse, I am back to my cocnut powder and hair supplements. My hair has also grown in length with all the attention. That of course is not my main goal...keeping it on my head is...ggg

I wish you well on your healing journey!

blessings,
Zoe

-_-

0 comments:

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount