Monday, July 10, 2006

Great Workout at the Gym!!

The day started out with a minor annoyance, but ended on an up beat. First, I put on the new size 22W pants I'd just bought, only to find they didn't fit me! I could barely button them, and couldn't do anything with the zipper. I thought I had lied to all of you about reaching size 22, but then I looked at the size and saw it was a 20W! Whew!! Don't ask me how that happened. All I know is I had to wear my baggy size 24s today and I was quite displeased about the whole thing.

I ate all my good foods today. I started with Kombucha (mango- very tasty) on the way to work. At the office I had my usual breakfast of nuts and dried fruit. For lunch I had a mishmash of things- a little homemade taboule, a little homemade hummus, some ezekiel bread, about an ounce of mozzarella, and corn salsa. I was hungry by the time I got home this evening. For dinner I had about 2.5 oz. of fish plus a repeat of lunch, with an extra slice of Ezekiel bread and a couple of figs. I made sure to get my 3 tablespoons of blackstrap molasses (an icky-yummy experience again).

A couple of hours after dinner I went off to the gym where I got on the treadmill. I was tempted to do the cardio thing, but I'm glad I held back and kept my heart rate down so I could do the "fat burning" workout instead. It was hard for me to not want to go fast, even though my foot was hurting and my shoes didn't fit properly. But I was on fire, people! I thought I'd last one mile but instead I got into the music and the sweating and the whole physical experience. I stayed on for one hour and did 2.87 miles. This is nothing compared to what I used to do when I was in shape, but for tonight it was excellent.

It was after the workout that I had my last ounce of cheese and tablespoon of molasses. I then put everything into Sparkpeople and nearly had a heart attack- 2,515 calories? Good Lord. And 112 grams of fat? How in the world did I do that? Oh- but I had 99 grams of protein!! :-)
Seriously, though, there's got to be a better way to get those 100 grams of protein. I do not want to eat over 2000 calories, even on workout days.

Speaking of working out, Sparkpeople estimates I burned about 600 calories today. That's partly because I used the incline setting on the treadmill- at one point I was up to 5.5%, which really worked out my hamstrings and butt. When my hip started hurting I had to take it back down to 1% but you can't say I didn't try. I can't wait until I'm closer to 200. I'm quite sure that at 200 lbs, these back, hip and foot pains will disappear.

SUMMARY
EXERCISE: one hour on treadmill, approx. 600 calories burned

FOOD
: Calories 2,515 CARBS 306 FAT 112 PROTEIN 99

I got enough of these from food alone:
Calcium, protein, magnesium, fiber, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C

Got too much of these:
Calories, sodium, fat

Didn't get enough of these
Folate, Pantothenic acid, Vitamin E, Vitamin D
(Close, but no cigar: B12, Iron, thiamine, riboflavin)

Another day comes- another day to try again!

0 comments:

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount