Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Plagued by Sodium and Vitamin D

I'm blogging a bit earlier than usual, so I haven't hit the gym yet. I am not feeling well, though- the fiber from those prunes is still having an effect on me. I had dried fruit again today and really shouldn't have, as it made the situation worse. No fruit for me tomorrow! If I don't feel well by late evening I'm not going to be able to work out at all. That's a let-down, because I really wanted to establish a workout habit right off the bat.

FOOD
I ate the same old stuff today that I did yesterday, minus those pesky prunes, of course. But I cut down on the cheese in order to decrease the sodium and fat I've been eating, and I made sure to eat 4 slices of Ezekiel bread so that I'd have more protein with less fat. I've ended up with still more calories than I prefer, but I'm within my desired range of fats. As for protein, I got a tad less than the 80 to 100 range, but I had more than I needed yesterday so it balances out. I'm a bit low in my minerals but I haven't worked in the dulse flakes or my last serving of molasses yet and I'm too full to eat anything more right now. Still had way too much sodium and almost no vitamin D. It's a good thing I'm out in the sun a bit everyday or I'd probably be in real Vitamin D Trouble. Without vitamin D, my calcium and phosphorous aren't as useful, as they need vitamin D for absorption (thought I'd throw that in there).

Here's the major breakdown for today:
Calories 1,838 Carbs 256 Fat 64 Protein 76

Tomorrow's goals: no fruit! Gotta give my intestines a break. That means I'll be low in some of my vitamins, but one day of that won't kill me. What to nibble on for breakfast, though? I'll figure something out.

11:30 pm amendment
I worked out for 65 minutes, doing 3.04 miles at various speeds and inclines. Sparkpeople says I burned about 425 calories but I take the calorie burning thing with a grain of salt, really (although 425 would be great). I had 2 tablespoons of dulse flakes mixed with taboule, and my last tbsp of molasses after the workout. This amends my calories, etc. to

Calories 1,930 Carbs 272 Fat 65 Protein 78
and leaves me with deficiencies in only the folate, Vitamins D & E, Zinc, and some Bs (Panothenic Acid, Riboflavin & Thiamin).

0 comments:

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount