Thursday, June 22, 2006

Today's Raw Menu


Today I decided to track what I've eaten using Nutritiondata.com. It's been a long time since I've regularly tracked what I eat, because I wanted to get away from depending on tracking my foods and start listening more to my body. Today I found that I've had 1113 calories, give or take a hundred, perhaps. I started my day with 2 ounces of almonds and maybe 1/2 an ounce of goji berries with a little Himalayan sea salt. For lunch I had hummus and taboule with a little feta cheese at a Mediterranean restaurant. The serving of taboule was quite large, but I managed to choke it down. :-) I had a little left over, which I ate at my office later, with a flourless tortilla made in the "Ezekiel" style (it has the unfortunate name of "Fat Flush" tortilla- very unappetizing).

According to my trusty NutrtionData info, I had over 40 ounces of protein. About 12 of these came from the nuts, about 15 from the hummus, and about 9 from the feta. I've been eating nuts and hummus daily for the past week, but I need to vary my menu before I get too bored, so I'm going back to salads. I'll keep eating the almonds (even though they're apparently around 1/3 of my daily caloric intake!) for breakfast, and have salads for lunch for awhile. OK- I might have baba ganoush tomorrow but after that I'm having salads again!

0 comments:

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount