Thursday, June 15, 2006

Smaller and Lighter!


Greenbeans
Originally uploaded by rawallison.

I had a pretty good day today. First, I checked my cod ceviche and found it had come out very nicely. I marinated the cod for a far shorter amount of time than the tilapia - maybe that helped, or maybe cod is just better than tilapia for marinating ("Plantation Chick" suggests I try kingfish- I'll have to look into that, as I've never seen it at the stores).

Second, I did my deep breathing exercise during my commute to work (and also back home). This is great for staying calm in heavy traffic, and hopefully is paving the way for me to get back into my meditation practice.

Third, on the way home I bought some raw almonds (thanks for the suggestion, Dawn). Almonds are supposed to be very good for you, but I have been avoiding them because I never liked them. I'm glad I gave them another try because they are reminiscent of the cashews I love so much; soft and slightly sweet. I wonder if that's because they are raw. Are roasted almonds harder and more bitter? That's what I remember of them.

Lastly, I measured myself this week and can see that I have lost more than 35 inches overall since January 8th 2006. I weighed myself this morning and found that I've now lost 70 lbs!! I'll probably hover around this weight for the next couple of weeks- agonizing when you are so close to the next set of 10s! I really wish I were losing weight more quickly, but I'm not going to starve myself or exercise myself to death to do it. Good health and moderation are my mantras these days.

0 comments:

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount