Thursday, August 30, 2007

Nutritionist Day Again

I figured out a way to explain my way of eating to the nutritionist. I told her that at the end of the day, I want to have met my nutritional goals - particularly calories, fiber, saturated fat, carbs, protein, vitamins and water intake. The easiest way for me to meet most of these goals is to eat a largely raw, unprocessed diet. Because most of my food is raw, the less-healthy items don't destroy my day nutritionally. I told her that I don't want to deal with the Raw Police! She gets it, and can see that my daily intake is nutritionally sound- except on those days that I am low on calories or protein (still issues for me when I eat a high-raw diet).

One thing I really have to work on is making each meal nutritionally sound. I may meet my nutritional goals by the end of the day but I don't do it as healthfully as I could. If I get frazzled and don't set time aside to put a balanced meal together, I find myself eating anything that best fits my nutritional requirements thus far. Lacking protein and there are nuts available? I'll have two ounces of nuts, or a protein shake.My nutritionist hates that! She told me that each of my meals should be balanced rather than overly representative of any particular nutrient. I will have to work harder to create balanced meals and to spread those calories throughout the day.

Anyway, I managed to lose another 2 lbs, so now I'm down 22 since June 10th. My pants are definitely looser but not a soul has noticed that I look any slimmer. Oh well- it'll be that much more fun when someone does see a difference.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Allison,
Love your sincerity perseverence commitment and intelligence.
Keep up the good work!
You're not alone.
Have a terrific Labor Day weekend,
Ellen

FIVE MOST RECENT COMMENTS

Tags

FeedBurner FeedCount